8th Women Startup Competition – Albania
Women Startup Competition is an annual startup competition in Europe. It was founded in order to give opportunities for female entrepreneurs and their team members to meet investors, receive support and advice to reach their business goals. The competition aims to increase the currently very low ratio of women in business.
Women Startup Competition was born in 2012, in Budapest, Hungary. Since then the movement has constantly been blooming and growing, attracting creative female entrepreneurs, who we accelerate to speed up on the superhighway of business. The community and the network keep growing from the very beginning, and we constantly expand geographically. WSC is present in 12 European countries and offers training series and competitions.
The aim of the Women Startup Competition is to grow the presence of women in business, and in order to do this, we provide training and opportunities for more-and-more gender diverse startups to realize their dreams and encourage them to do what they love to do.
Our series of competitions increase the number of innovative enterprises where the majority of the founders are women. We would like to improve the knowledge of female entrepreneurs, encourage and help them, and would also like to connect them with leading corporate innovation centers, venture capitalists, angel investors, and other possible traction generation partners.
To get attention, to grow women’s participation in business, to create gender balance.
Increase your chances! All the winners from the local semifinal events go straight to the Final Demo Day.
Ask questions! All other attendees go through the same as you, you can benefit from each others’ questions and answers.
Learn to please your audience! Get the ultimate hints and improve your presentation and pitching skills.
WHO CAN APPLY
One requirement is that the applicant must be a startup led by female CEO or a female-founded/co-founded or Startup that has at least 50% women in the entrepreneurial team or a female CEO or female founder.
The second requirement is that the startup should be at least at the MVP phase or very close to launching, so something tangible to show.
EVENT DETAILS: TBD
1. Online application
2. Online selection of valid ideas to the semifinals
3. Intensive half-day-long online Mini-Bootcamp ( speed rapid mentoring = 10round with 2min pitches + 15 min Q&A + 3 min change to next mentor)
4. Pitching on the local semifinals (Semifinal winners will be the final shortlist)
5. Finals selection
6. Pitching on WSC Demo Day – winner election
7. Long term, guided follow up, focusing on traction generation and international expansion
Find all the local events here: https://www.womenstartupcompetition.com/#10
=== === ===
A short guideline for new bees:
–> The steps that need to follow if you already have an account on Pozi but you did not submit your project yet:
1. Log in to Pozi and create an idea or startup (in case the participant does not have any);
2. Open the competition;
3. Go to Ideas or Startups in the menu of the competition;
4. Look for the Submit button, and click on it;
5. Choose your idea or startup from the dropdown list and submit it;
–> The steps that need to follow if you are a new applicant and you didn’t register to Pozi yet:
1. Register to Pozi.io + Activate the account via email confirmation;
2. Create an idea or a startup on Pozi.
3. Open the competition link + apply to the competition;
4. Choose the Startup owner from the drop-down list;
5. Add your idea or startup from the other drop-down list and submit it;